Behmor has updated the 1600 Plus roaster with an awesome new look along with a couple functional upgrades.
06/18/19 The Behmor AB has arrived and all the pre-orders are shipping today. Stock is looking good and the next shipment is not far. We do not expect any stock issues from here on out.
Introducing the improved Behmor 1600 AB Plus! (or just Behmor AB to some) Similar to its predecessor, it runs the same roasting programs and has the same controls as the previous model. The main appearance difference is the black on black color versus black on stainless. Turns out coffee roasting can stain “stainless”… should look a little nicer in the years to come. It has a new more serious door handle along with a double pained window, should insulate a little better. A new motor is being used giving the user more control over drum speed.
The Behmor Coffee Roaster is easily the best value for a roaster; it is one powerful and versatile machine but also one of the more challenging units to use. Definitely for the home roasting coffee connoisseur who will enjoy the larger batch sizes along with the ability to change up the roasting curves but doesn’t mind being a little more attentive to the roaster.
The Behmor 1600 AB Plus is the only 1 pound home coffee roaster – it’s great for the hobbyist, very flexible and versatile, but a little more challenging to use.
Another Behmor feature home coffee roasting enthusiasts like is its smoke suppression technology which can reduce the need to vent while roasting. See other Key Features below the basic specifications.
We think the Behmor Coffee Roaster is one of the best for home coffee roasting.
Capacity: 4-16 Ounce
Heat Settings: Automatic Roasting Curves (5 to choose) or manual override (5 to choose) based on % voltage to heating elements (100%, 80% etc..)
Fan Settings: None, its a drum roaster.
Roast Times: 12-24 minutes (excluding cool)
Venting: Needed – Well ventilated area or stove top vent that goes outdoors is great
Ease of use: Hard – A bit challenging to pick up, has a learning curve to hit target roast.
Batch Roasting: No
Check out the home coffee roasting section for more tips and tricks!
This quiet and reliable home coffee roaster produces excellent coffee. After a few roasts you will be a “Master Roaster” with the profiles and time settings.
Put in your 4-16 ounces of green coffee beans and choose your batch size, profile and then time settings. Just hit the cool button when your desired roast is achieved.
Plus, its smoke free up to a medium dark roast, but can be used to roast darker as well. Excellent support from Behmor.
- Largest batch size of any home coffee roaster
- Great re-burner for semi-smokeless roasting (until you hit a dark roast)
- Easy to use control panel
- Inbound cool mode for easy start to finish roasting
- A variety of time settings
- 5 different heat settings (plus an additional 5 with the new plus model)
- Ability to adjust roast time during the roast (on the fly)
- New higher Multi-speed motor for better control during roasting
- RoHS Compliant
- A very quiet roaster – most can hear the cracks very easily
- Automatic System Diagnostics – Troubleshooting
- Thermostatically controlled quartz roasting elements
- Electrical specs: 1630 watts 15 amps 120 volts (very high draw device)
- Dimensions Length: 17.5 Height: 10.5 Depth: 12.5
- Easy to clean: Removable roasting drum and chaff tray
Guides on using the Behmor 1600 Plus Home Coffee Roaster:
- Instructions on use and coffee roasting with the Behmor 1600 plus.
- Video on coffee roasting tips using the Behmor 1600 Plus Roaster
- General guidelines and tips for home coffee roasting
Behmor Inc. is the manufacture of the Behmor 1600 home coffee roaster and they provide a 1-year warranty. Please visit their website www.behmor.com to open support tickets or e-mail them at [email protected], if you are having difficulty with the roaster. Also, be sure and let us know, we will help!