The Behmor Coffee Roaster is easily the best value for a roaster; it is one powerful and versatile machine but also one of the more challenging units to use. Definitely for the home roasting coffee connoisseur who will enjoy the larger batch sizes along with the ability to change up the roasting curves but doesn’t mind being a little more attentive to the roaster.
The Behmor 1600 Plus is the only 1 pound home coffee roaster – it’s great for the hobbyist, very flexible and versatile, but a little more challenging to use.
Another Behmor feature home coffee roasting enthusiasts like is its smoke suppression technology which can reduce the need to vent while roasting. See other Key Features below the basic specifications.
We think the Behmor Coffee Roaster is one of the best for home coffee roasting.
Capacity: 4-16 Ounce
Heat Settings: Automatic Roasting Curves (5 to choose) or manual override (5 to choose) based on % voltage to heating elements (100%, 80% etc..)
Fan Settings: None, its a drum roaster.
Roast Times: 12-24 minutes (excluding cool)
Venting: Needed – Well ventilated area or stove top vent that goes outdoors is great
Ease of use: Hard – A bit challenging to pick up, has a learning curve to hit target roast.
Batch Roasting: No
Check out the home coffee roasting section for more tips and tricks!
This quiet and reliable home coffee roaster produces excellent coffee. After a few roasts you will be a “Master Roaster” with the profiles and time settings.
Put in your 4-16 ounces of green coffee beans and choose your batch size, profile and then time settings. Just hit the cool button when your desired roast is achieved.
Plus, its smoke free up to a medium dark roast, but can be used to roast darker as well. Excellent support from Behmor.
- Largest batch size of any home coffee roaster
- Great re-burner for semi-smokeless roasting (until you hit a dark roast)
- Easy to use control panel
- Inbound cool mode for easy start to finish roasting
- A variety of time settings
- 5 different heat settings (plus an additional 5 with the new plus model)
- Ability to adjust roast time during the roast (on the fly)
- RoHS Compliant
- A very quiet roaster – most can hear the cracks very easily
- Thermostatically controlled quartz roasting elements
- Electrical specs: 1630 watts 15 amps 120 volts (very high draw device)
- Dimensions Length: 17.5 Height: 10.5 Depth: 12.5
Got an older Behmor but like the new improvements?
Get the new control panel and your old Behmor – It will upgrade it to the new Plus model!
Temporarily out of stock – $49.95 plus shipping and comes with instructions.
Need a replacement drum?
Behmor Roasting Drum – New Small Screen Cross Mesh
Temporarily out of stock – $29.99 plus shipping
Guides on using the Behmor 1600 Plus Home Coffee Roaster:
- Instructions on use and coffee roasting with the Behmor 1600 plus.
- Video on coffee roasting tips using the Behmor 1600 Plus Roaster
- General guidelines and tips for home coffee roasting
Behmor Inc. is the manufacture of the Behmor 1600 home coffee roaster and they provide a 1-year warranty. . Call them directly 775-833-3363 or e-mail email@example.com, if you are having difficulty with the roaster. Also, be sure and let us know, we will help!