Our favorite coffee roaster! Very easy to use and yet very powerful, this hands on roaster has the ability to control the time and temperature of your roast, giving you an infinite degree of control over your coffee.
You can effectively roast a small 1 ounce batch, (50 grams or 8 cups) up to a 8 ounce batch (300 grams or more than 40 cups). For the best results I roast 8 ounces at a time for washed coffees and around 6-8 ounces for dry processed coffees (Brazil, Yemen, Harrar and others) In addition, its innovative cooling system allows multiple batches throughout the day.
The Basics (for the Gene Cafe):
Capacity: 1-8 Ounce
Heat Settings: Set specific temperature
Fan Settings: None, uses spinning drum.
Roast Times: 15-22 minutes (excluding cool)
Venting: Needed – Well ventilated area or stove top vent that goes outdoors is great – Has attachment for 3″ metal dryer hose to help with venting
Ease of use: Easy
Batch Roasting: Yes
Check out the home coffee roasting section for tips and tricks!
- Removable Roasting Chamber for easy filling and emptying, as well as convenient cleaning.
- Temperature control of roasting temperature
- Timer to adjust roasting time
- Quick cooling system following roasting
- Temperature overheat safety switch
- Efficient collection of coffee bean chaff
- Indirect heating system encourages even roasting of the bean,
from the inside out
- Patented Vortex Mixing method thoroughly mixes beans during roasting
- Large capacity chamber allow roasting batches as large as
8 ounces and as small as 1.8 ounces
- Noise reducing design provides quiet operation (65 db)
One year manufacturer’s warranty. The Gene Cafe Home Coffee Roaster is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year warranty from the date of purchase. You can contact them directly at Batch Coffee 1-508-503-1699, email at email@example.com, or visit their website http://www.genecafeusa.com