The Fresh Roast SR500 has been discontinued and is sold out. Please see the Freshroast SR540 for the new model coming end of May.
Check out the Fresh Roast SR 500 Roasting Guide for more tips and tricks!
Using your new Fresh Roast SR 500 home coffee roaster
The roaster has three parts, the chaff collector on top, the roasting chamber, and the heated base.
- Start with four level scoops of coffee. (The scoop is included!)
- Remove the chaff collector, add the coffee to the roasting chamber, and put the chaff collector back on.
- Set the timer for 6-10 minutes.
- We like to start the roast with the low temperature setting and the highest fan speed for the first two minutes than set the temperature to high.
- Hit the start button and began roasting.
- As the coffee starts turning over vigorously, turn the the fan speed down to build heat and keep the beans from chipping.
- If you want to stop the roast at any time, just hit the cool button. Don’t turn it to off, as the roaster is quite hot and needs the three minutes of cooling before being handled.
- If you see smoke coming from the roaster, you are getting to a dark roast and will want to think about hitting the cool button
- After the timer shuts off, remove the chaff collector, (be careful – as the roaster is still pretty warm) lift out the roast chamber by its handle, and dump the beans.
I like to store the freshly roasted beans in an open container for 2 to 3 days, then move them to a sealed container.
The only cleaning necessary is to dump out the chaff from the chaff collector and wipe the collector out, I use a small basting brush to clean it.
Home Roasting Supplies is the manufacture of the Fresh Roast SR coffee roaster machines and they provide a 1-year warranty. Contact them directly email@example.com – 1-805-501-7731, if you are having difficulty with the roaster. Also, be sure and let us know, we are happy to help!
Guides on using the FreshRoast SR500 Home Coffee Roaster:
Compare the FreshRoast SR500 to our other top selling coffee roaster machines.