The SR340 is the newest addition to the FreshRoast line.A powerful, easy to use roaster with a short roasting time. We do most of our sample roasting with the SR roasters. These roasters are reliable and an excellent value.
With control of the fan speed and time and a little practice you will produce some great tasting and beautifully roasted coffee. Makes a great gift for a coffee aficionado. It is our most popular roaster line.
The original SR 300 had is downfall of no fan speed control – which made it challenging to roast under certain conditions (low voltage, high coffee density, etc..). Tim, the inventor of the SR’s finally got the wise idea to add the variable fan speed control to the 300 bringing it right in line with the SR 500 and SR 700 for easy of use, batch size and versatility. We have put the SR 340 into the lineup for our sample roasting and have been producing some great roasts and love the coffee out of it. We have found the heat controls to matter very little on the SR 500 versus the SR 340 with the ability to cycle on/off the heating element at the start of the roast. Slight changes to the batch size and fan speed also act as a fine tune for temperature.
Capacity: 3.5-4.5 Ounce
Heat Settings: On/Off
Fan Settings: Variable, fine tune movement and temp
Roast Times: 6-10 minutes plus 3 minute cool down
Venting: Needed – Well ventilated area or stove top vent that vents to the outdoors is great
Ease of use: Very Easy
Batch Roasting: No
Check out the home coffee roasting section for more tips and tricks!
Our great video on how to use your new FreshRoast SR500 (ignore heat settings info for 340 use) Home Coffee Roaster!
Using your new Fresh Roast SR 340 home coffee roaster
The roaster has three parts, the chaff collector on top, the roasting chamber, and the heated base.
- Start with three level scoops of coffee. (The scoop is included!)
- Remove the chaff collector, add the coffee to the roasting chamber, and put the chaff collector back on.
- Set the timer for 6-10 minutes.
- Hit the start button and began roasting.
- As the coffee starts turning over vigorously, turn the the fan speed down to build heat and keep the beans from chipping.
- If you want to stop the roast at any time, just hit the cool button. Don’t turn it to off, as the roaster is quite hot and needs the three minutes of cooling before being handled.
- If you see smoke coming from the roaster, you are getting to a dark roast and will want to think about hitting the cool button
- After the timer shuts off, remove the chaff collector, (be careful – as the roaster is still pretty warm) lift out the roast chamber by its handle, and dump the beans.
I like to store the freshly roasted beans in an open container for 2 to 3 days, then move them to a sealed container.
The only cleaning necessary is to dump out the chaff from the chaff collector and wipe the collector out, I use a small basting brush to clean it.
Home Roasting Supplies is the manufacture of the Fresh Roast SR home coffee roaster and they provide a 2-year warranty. Contact them directly firstname.lastname@example.org – 1-805-501-7731, if you are having difficulty with the roaster. Also, be sure and let us know, we will help!