The SR500 is a powerful, easy to use roaster with a short roasting time. We do most of our sample roasting with this roaster. These roasters are reliable and an excellent value.
With control of the fan speed, temperature, and time and a little practice you will produce some great tasting and beautifully roasted coffee. Makes a great gift for a coffee aficionado. It is our most popular roaster.
Capacity: 4-5 Ounce
Heat Settings: High, Medium, Low
Fan Settings: Variable, fine tune movement and temp
Roast Times: 6-10 minutes plus 3 minute cool down
Venting: Needed – Well ventilated area or stove top vent that vents to the outdoors is great
Ease of use: Very Easy
Batch Roasting: No
Check out the home coffee roasting section for more tips and tricks!
Using your new Fresh Roast SR 500 home coffee roaster
The roaster has three parts, the chaff collector on top, the roasting chamber, and the heated base.
- Start with four level scoops of coffee. (The scoop is included!)
- Remove the chaff collector, add the coffee to the roasting chamber, and put the chaff collector back on.
- Set the timer for 6-10 minutes.
- We like to start the roast with the low temperature setting and the highest fan speed for the first two minutes than set the temperature to high.
- Hit the start button and began roasting.
- As the coffee starts turning over vigorously, turn the the fan speed down to build heat and keep the beans from chipping.
- If you want to stop the roast at any time, just hit the cool button. Don’t turn it to off, as the roaster is quite hot and needs the three minutes of cooling before being handled.
- If you see smoke coming from the roaster, you are getting to a dark roast and will want to think about hitting the cool button
- After the timer shuts off, remove the chaff collector, (be careful – as the roaster is still pretty warm) lift out the roast chamber by its handle, and dump the beans.
I like to store the freshly roasted beans in an open container for 2 to 3 days, then move them to a sealed container.
The only cleaning necessary is to dump out the chaff from the chaff collector and wipe the collector out, I use a small basting brush to clean it.
Home Roasting Supplies is the manufacture of the Fresh Roast SR home coffee roaster and they provide a 2-year warranty. Contact them directly email@example.com – 1-805-501-7731, if you are having difficulty with the roaster. Also, be sure and let us know, we will help!I like to store the freshly roasted beans in an open container for 2 to 3 days, then move them to a sealed container.