We have been playing with the Chettle for a couple days now and are loving it!
It is almost a piece of art as well as a water boiler! A bit pricey but an awesome device and addition to any coffee or tea lovers counter.
Induction heating is very neat, no heating coils. You will hear a bit of fan noise (not very loud) from the base but there is no direct connection to the kettle, the kettle just sits nicely on the base and almost magically heats up. The big perk of induction heating besides working like magic, is its precise control over temperature, the Chettle will accurately hit the precise temp you set it to giving full control over the brew.
Notice the funky spout? This goose neck spout is on almost all nice coffee kettles, really lets you control water dispersion making sure you get all the grounds with never risking splash back!
Advantages of the CHEMEX® Induction Chettle™
• 1.2 liter / 40.5 ounces
• Rapid boil option
• Keep warm function
• Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
• Heats water to exact temperature for ultimate brewing capability
• Heats water in both Celsius and Fahrenheit ranging from 38-100ºC – 94-212ºF
• Finger touch display & control panel for ease of use and visibility of display
• Borosilicate glass body is stylish and matches every interior
• Precision goose neck spout for accurate and controlled pour
• Auto shut-off for safety
• 1 year warranty
Please note: 120V Chettle will not operate in countries with different voltage requirements than the U.S.
Capacity: 1.2 Liters / 40.5 Ounces
Kettle + Base: 11″H x 11.5″W
Base Only: 6.125″W x 3.25″H
Kettle Only : 11.5″ W x 8″H
Rated Voltage: 120 VAC, ~60Hz
Rated Current: 10A
Rated Power: 1200W
There are no reviews yet.